Sunday, April 5, 2009

First Week!

I've now been back at UCLA for one whole week - my first week of my last quarter! And it may have possibly been my most active week of my time here. I was feeling very spontaneous when I arrived last Sunday, since it was the beginning of my last quarter and all, and so my roommate Effie and I decided to go for a little run around the perimeter. This was neglecting the fact that I hadn't really run in a year or so. I ended up having to walk about halfway through on account of my being unable to breathe, and my legs were sore for days. But it was a good start to the week! I want to be more active this quarter, so exercise is good.

The next day I played racquetball, and then on Tuesday and Wednesday we had our first weekday Mentorship event of the quarter - Technology Day! My whole starting a blog actually started with my idea to have the mentors and mentees make a blog together; that's how I found this site and all.

Thursday I had Unicamp meeting + iceblocking + watching Slumdog Millionaire starting at 1am. It's a really good movie, but I wouldn't recommend starting it so late. Friday night I went to a Dodger's game for a Unicamp social.

Although all those days were really fun, Saturday was definitely my favorite day of the week. We had our Saturday Mentorship event, Arts Day, at Holmby Park. I was super stressing about this day working out, especially finding a location, but it ended up turning out awesome. The performers were amazing, all the stations had something new and exciting for the kids to try out, and everyone seemed to have a great time. I ended up running the sculpture rotation, and despite the fact that I haven't touched clay since 2nd grade, it ended up being fun. In the evening, I went with some Mship people to have a bonfire at the beach. All the pits were taken, so we had to dig our own, which turned out to be some shady business. A patrol guy eventually came, called us firebugs and said something about not having enough tickets, then left. I got to roast hot dogs and I had smores for the first time in a long time. It was a gooood day :)

And then comes Sunday, and I realize that I'm still enrolled in classes and that there's a good possibility I have homework due next week. So obviously, I spent most of the day working on an official Mentorship blog to share with everyone. But ok, I should really be attending to my studies now..

1 comment:

  1. hey andrew, hope you don't mind me adding you to mah blogroll

    ReplyDelete