Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Grad school apps are one of the worst things ever. Specifically the personal statement section. I KNOW what I want to write, but whatever I type just doesn't seem good enough, like I'm not using the right words or making it exciting enough. And so then my motivation to work on them just gets lower and lower.. Not a good cycle. I just have to sit down and do it, even if it doesn't come out perfect. SOMEONE has to accept me, right? Who knows where I shall end up.

Grad school apps aside, there is a $50 Visa Gift Card that I should spend soon so they don't start taking monthly fees out of it. The prospect of being forced to buy something for myself is new to me. I keep thinking of what I should get with this money but I am not knowing. Here are some things I've been considering: new computer speakers, new TV (obviously more than $50), Xbox 360, GPS... that's really all I can think of.

The list of things I want for Christmas has gotten shorter and shorter over the years. Does this mean that I'm getting more content with what I have? Or maybe the things I want are something my parents aren't going to buy me for a holiday aka a new car, new tv, grad school tuition, etc...

I saw Avatar 3d last night and I think I blinked like 3 times in that whole 2 hours and 40 minutes. The visual effects were incredible.

1 comment:

  1. keep on chuggin with those grad school apps! you can do it!
    and dudde... i watched avatar in 3d IMAX and sat in the front row :(

    ReplyDelete