Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Music on the Radio

So I was driving home on the freeway today, flipping through my radio stations like I usually do, and I hear this catchy song, and I think to myself.. "wow, maybe there's actually something good on the radio now!" Turns out it was a commercial for Toyota. And that's when I really realized it: the radio, for the most part, just does not satisfy my musical needs anymore. All these new songs seriously sound the same.. And at one point on my drive, that one song, "Tonight's Gonna be a Good Night" or whatever it's called, was playing on 3 stations at once. I only like this song when I'm in the car with other people, cause then it's like.. ya know, tonight is gonna be a good night with my friends, and the lyrics are simple enough to repeat over and over. But when you're driving by yourself, the song just gets annoying and repetitive in my opinion.

Sorry, I got a little caught up on my rant on that Good Night song. But yea, I've been resorting to turning off the radio and just singing in the car by myself. Not even singing along with the radio.. just singing by myself. I find it a lot more entertaining than most of the radio. Unfortunately, my car does not have a CD player, and the tape player also isn't working so I can't use the tape converter for my ipod. It's hard to emphasize how unfortunate this is, because good music would make car rides a heck of a lot more fun.

Then again, maybe this is just me getting old and not liking all this new crazy music that kids listen to nowadays. Don't get me wrong, I do like some of the new stuff that's out there. But for the large part, I don't like the general trend of where the music industry is going right now. Specifically in the rap/hip hop genre, which is mostly what the radio plays. Maybe I just need to find some new stations? I've found myself starting to drift away from kroq, kiis fm, and amp radio to more mellow stations like My FM and Coast.. :P

2 comments:

  1. LOL at your thinking the good music is from toyota.. that really made me laugh. yeah.. the radio doesn't have much good music anymore.. i think we're just getting old.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The coast lady has a nice voice.

    ReplyDelete