Monday, March 29, 2010

I Heart NY!

Last week, I broke my strong spring break tradition of sitting at home doing nothing to fly to NJ and visit my sister at St. Peter's College, and I had an AMAZING time! It was my first time in the NJ/NY area, and I loved it. But NY alone didn't make the trip as good as it was - hanging out with my sister and meeting her awesome group of friends played a huge part. They were all so nice/funny, and they made me feel right at home. I thought it was so cool how they hang out with each other all the time, popping in and out of each other's apartments; it reminded me of my first year in the dorms and how I would visit people all the time, and apparently how much I miss being with people all the time. I'm gonna try to spend more time just hanging out with people :)

Some things I want to remember from my trip:

- Tripp's story of how I got the nickname "ATM"

- Mae's story of how someone used the word "noob" in a college paper

- the night Joe thought he had scabies

- Greg doing the John Cena rap (b-b-basic thugonomics)

- winning the game of Mario Party

- when Yomi lost her nose ring ("I'm Yomi with a nose ring!")

- going to the top of the empire state building/seeing times square with kimberly

- visiting columbia and the village with dee lou

- seeing my dinosaur family in the natural history museum

- the subway catching on fire

- spending the day in ny with tripp and mae - playing on every playground we passed, visiting MIB headquarters, and chasing a turkey in Battery Park

- watching Indian in the Cupboard for the first time since childhood and being severely disappointed

- watching Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs and it being surprisingly good

- realizing that my sister wasn't exaggerating about living in the ghetto, how many black people there are at her school, and the size of her school being the size of royce plaza at ucla

- having my mom text me every few hours to see what i was doing, and having her send the same text again if i didn't respond within an hour

If I think of anything more, I'll add it later. If you're reading this and are one of the people I spent the week with - THANK YOU for making it such an amazing week. I really wish I could have stayed longer, and I hope to come back and visit again soon :)

1 comment:

  1. i didn't know you were in NY...annndd, that's exactly how i felt about "cloudy with a chance of meatballs"!

    ReplyDelete